Pages

Great Books: Girls 9-12 category

Jul 8, 2012

YAH! I recently discovered the Scholastic kids' blog Ink Splot 26 and I ADORE it! Ever since I started reading it, I have updated my "Want-to-Reads" book list to over 30 books! I want to inspire some other children to read this blog and discover very interesting books; I know how that feels because I have taken pride in sharing my favorites with my friends. I will try to post often if I find any especially good ones.
Family themes--  Walk Two Moons, by Sharon Creech
Love, Aubrey, by Suzanne LaFleur
Missing May, by Cynthia Rylant
A Corner of the Universe, by Ann M. Martin

"Fitting in"-- Bridge to Terabithia
Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli

Friendship/Hope themes-- Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes, by Eleanor Coerr
Hope Was Here, by Joan Bauer
Searching for David's Heart, by Cherie Barrett

Historical themes-- The Hope Chest, by Karen Schwabach
Distant Waves, by Suzanne Weyn (careful of the romance)
Number the Stars, by Lois Lowry
Under the Hawthorn Tree, by Marita Conlon-McKenna

Mystery-detective-- The Red Blazer Girls, by Michael D. Beil
Harriet the Spy, by Louise Fitzhugh
Elvis and Olive, Super Detectives, by Stephanie Watson
Nancy Drew, by Carolyn Keene

Magic fantasy-- Princess Academy, by Shannon Hale (My friends say it isn't that good, but I secretly disagree and actually love it)
Summer of Moonlight Secrets, by Danette Haworth
The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet, by Eleanor Cameron
The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

School and Miscellaneous--  The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler, by E.L. Konigsburg
Eight Keys, by Suzanne LaFleur
The View from Saturday, by E.L. Konigsburg
Matilda, by Roald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS