Pages

Readathon!!!!

Aug 16, 2012




It seems I am behind the times on everything, but luckily not this! Today Katie at Katie's Book Blog put up a linky for a readathon, and I am definitely hooked! You, my faithful reader, will absolutely see more updates in the few days to come as the readathon kicks off!

Now in case you are wondering what the heck a read-a-thon is:

A Readathon is where you set a goal for yourself to read more books that is beyond your average number of books you read. There is no minimum, it's all up to you! Push yourself to get some of those books read that have been sitting on your shelves for awhile! You can read any type of book you choose!

(Definition taken from Angela at Reading Angel!)

Here are my books for the readathon:

1. The Redheaded Princess
2. Princess of the Wild Swans
3. Young Fredle
(4. A Writer's Notebook)
(5. It's Like This, Cat)
(6. GRUM!)
(7. Kendra Kandlestar and the Box of Whispers)
--Dana
 

Update 1:
Okay, so undoubtedly I read much, much faster than I expected. Now I'm thinking it will take pretty long to actually post the reviews but I did already finish Young Fredle and Princess of the Wild Swans (Of the two, I enjoyed Princess of the Wild Swans more, though). As you can see I have added another book because I am almost certain I will be done with the books before the time limit is up. But then again I have the reviews to consider and then I am not so sure. Okey-doke, I am off to start my first review. But I have read the first pages of The Redheaded Princess and so far I think it's a snore. But that's my opinion, and I'm hoping it will change, or else I will be sorely disappointed. :-(

Update 2:
I completely ditched The Redheaded Princess (a novel about Elizabeth I) but good news! I am very close to finishing Young Fredle's review and I have finished another book, It's Like This, Cat, by Emily Neville, on my Kindle. 5 books in 5 days! Oh boy, but I can definitely do it. But soon I may be facing 6 books, and then 7.... oh well. Anyway, today is Day 2, and I wish everyone good luck! I'm going to go and try to get into the Redheaded Princess.

Update 3:
I am sorry for all I have ever said against The Redheaded Princess. But I would not recommend it as a read aloud. It is merely controversial in the way that makes Julie of the Wolves controversial; but you should know why (Otherwise, please go and read it up.)
For that reason, I will not be able to write the review within the timeframe of the readathon. (Very sorry for any disappointments.)

Update 4:
Today is the last day because I forgot to update yesterday and I have finished each and every book on my list. I will try to do a maximum of 6/7 reviews on my list. That means that today I'll have to do 5/7. It's a stretch, and so probably I'll only manage 4/7 or 3/7, but oh well. Can't stop to talk today! Plus, it's time for Recommend A so look out for that later on!

Day 1:
Books finished: 2

Day 2:
Books finished: 1

Day 3:
Books finished: 2

Day 4:
Books finished: 2

Day 5:
Books finished: 0 :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS