Pages

Quickie Review of Princess Lessons

Jan 22, 2013

I am going to be introducing a new kind of review for this website, the "Quickie Review." Sometimes, I don't have a lot of time to write a review, so I'll write a quick one that usually isn't very long. Don't worry, it doesn't mean it's bad or anything, just shorter than the others and less detailed.

Princess Lessons by Meg Cabot

Synopsis: A self-help book directed at teenage girls teaching about all sorts of "princess" etiquette and fashion and makeup.

Thoughts: Very sensible advice, I presume, for a teen, and the illustrations just seal the deal for me. The pink theme goes well with the tone of the book and Princess Mia's comments underneath the "experts'" words are hilarious! In particular, I enjoyed the one about combat boots as Princess Mia explains how she loves to wear combat boots, and then right underneath that Grandmother Clarisse writes, "Combat boots are not suitable for a princess." Haha.

I would give this book 4/5 stars (In fact, I will be checking out the movies: "Bring it On" and "Save the Last Dance" which were mentioned in the book's "Movies in which Characters Reach Self-Actualization or otherwise Behave In a Very Princess-like Manner" list.)

And I must say, I was rolling on the floor laughing at Chesley McLaren's picture of a man bowing on pg. 78. And, this book is not 100% nonsense like those franchise continues, such as How to be a Vampire or whatnot. Instead, this book was a real, honest-to-goodness self-help book disguised as a princess lesson book! Ingenious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS