Pages

Quickie Review: Stardust by Neil Gaiman

Mar 11, 2014

Firstly I just wanna say that y'all continually surprise me with the pageview count <3 :D Keep it up y'all! (click that refresh button! <3) And um please, if you would, check out my other posts? :)

I'm going to actually start using more "jumps" so that I can get more pageviews :3

So click --> to read more.....


Today's book review is about Stardust by Neil Gaiman~!

Interestingly enough, Stardust is a fantasy book... I normally don't divulge into the fantasy section, because I just tend to dislike them more... But recently, due to my 2014 Book Resolutions, I decided to branch out more.

This turned out to be a great choice in the context of this book! Stardust, while having a slow style, was very engaging. The plot was quite exciting too!

However, to the book's demerit, the characters seemed distant and badly characterized, especially the "minor characters." (By which I mean: the witch, Lord Septimus & Co,...) Those characters aren't really minor minor characters, as they do come up fairly often, but they were quite hard to connect with / relate to, or even to understand their motivations at all. This made it boring and monotonous to read those portions of the book regarding them, and therefore I skipped those sections of the book (hehe).

Sorry for Quickie-Reviewing on you guys again~. I have a nice post half way written already and it's a (gasp!) full review!!! Stay on the lookout for that, and it will come soon! (Next week? Or later?)

Oh yeah! And, today, I've linked up with Venus Trapped in Mars's "Fan Friday" with the word "fantasy" in my post! :3 Can you find it? :D

Venus Trapped in Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS